TwinTurbo.NET: Nissan 300ZX forum - Yes, its only an NA...long
People Seeking Info

Subject Yes, its only an NA...long

Posted by punkzdriver on August 03, 2008 at 8:15 PM
  This message has been viewed 776 times.

Message I just wanted to thank Bernie and a few others who tore apart and reassembled my slick top with over two years worth of accumulated parts.

I have been a member of the site for a few years now and view posts (lurk) regularly. However, I only makr an occassional post because I drive a lowly NA and am envious of the many tt owners. But dont get me wrong, I love my slick top...even if it doesnt boost.

Knowing a tt wasnt in my financial plans for some time, a few years ago I decided to set out and make my z as good as it can be. Maybe its contradictory to not having money, or maybe its just sentimentality to not want to sell my first z. Over the past few years I accumulated parts boxes in my bedroom, car, basement and garage. And with that my laundry list for the man, Bernie, had grown longer and longer.

Despite friends and family thinking me nuts for wanting to go all the way to Virginia to have work done on my car, I was convinced that only Bernie would touch my Z. His reputation proceeds him, and he has always helped me with questions and info in the past. After over a year's wait on HIS list, I was finally notified in April that he had room for my slick top.

I brought my non-turbo Z home today. With the work that was put in, it basically ran as if it was 10 - 15 years younger. Yeah I still dont have any boost, but I am proud of my z. Its engine is solid, and even impressed the NOVA crew with its ability to make it there despite its mechanical flaws. I love my Z, and even though I plan on doing a tt swap when I hit 240k miles, I dont mind its an NA. Its good for me, and I thank everyone who played a part in keeping my Z making me happy.

Thanks of course to Bernie, Ashley, Robo, Seb and Greg at Specialty Z, Randy Mitchell, and anyone else that I missed who played a part.

Follow Ups  

Post a
Followup

You cannot reply to this message because you are not logged in.